Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

OK, I have a chicken confession to make...
I have not been sleeping well for DAYS!!!
I cannot seem to get chicks off my mind!
A friend and I ordered some chicks to be delivered around April 20th, but that was too far away, which is why I was trying to hatch some earlier. Now my friend wants to change her order so I keep getting on the website and looking at all the different chicks around. I've never been addicted to anything in my life...until now. I'm totally addicted to chickens!!!

We set 16 yesterday the 4th. They are just barnyard mix. We got a new advance 20 so we want to work out the bugs before buying any fancy eggs or anything expensive.! Excited for our first hatch!

Cool! I have the little giant still air bator.

The barnyard mixes are always so cool. The one I hatched in the spring is a sandy color with gold streaks down her neck and a slight beard.

Good luck with your hatch :jumpy.

The trick is to avoid the bator till hatch day haha.

Here's my cross Copper :)

8am this morning started my Day 12. Finally in the single digits for the countdown. 9 days til I get my first chickies! These days need to stop dragging by :p I don't think I even care about getting Christmas presents. My greatest ones will be my 3 eggs hatched :)

I know, I can't believe there's only 9 days left :jumpy :jumpy

I was curious so I candled a few of the eggs while I was down in the basement. All that I candled(like 3 or 4) were alive. I'm suspecting a early chick out of one of them because it looked more developed then the rest and filled the egg up more. Now to not touch until day late day 17 early 18.... And I don't think the minor heat spike caused any problems so we should be good.

You have never had chicks before? :eek: Their a lot of fun! You will enjoy them :)
Good luck on your hatch :)

Day 14 here! So excited, one more week :D
Day 14 here also. Will be 15 @ 8:00pm tonight. Candled last night after the 14 mark and had two quitters. So we're down to 17 happy healthy babies kicking and dancing. Got my wife to try the smell test, lol. I already knew there was abad one somewhere, I could smell it when I opened the lid. And then smelled it when it came out, so I knew which one it was. Going for hatch late Christmas Eve/ early Christmas Day. Glad to see most everyone's is going well, and sad for the ones who aren't. Makes me a little worried about mine, but I haven't had any problems so far so I'm still optimistic. Good day to everyone and happy for sharing your stories.

Back
Top Bottom