Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

On Mareks... I don’t vaccinate. Most of my chicks I hatch from my own chickens. Most I bought at a local farm 2ish years ago and they don’t vaccinate either. I’m very strict about who gets to walk inside my run (only 3 people including myself).
Only 3!? Don’t trust your other boy!? 🤔 :lau 😜🙈

Here is a heritage meat bird and a cross. NNxRR from @Compost King and @BlueBaby compared with a hatchery -Ideal- White Rock 6 weeks old. NNx is 7 weeks old.
IMG_4822.JPG
IMG_4822.JPG IMG_4824.JPG IMG_4826.JPG
The Rock was not as calm about getting weighed as the NN! NNx was 2 pounds, White Rock 1.5.

Attachments

• IMG_4827.JPG
    IMG_4827.JPG
    449.4 KB · Views: 0
Here is a heritage meat bird and a cross. NNxRR from @Compost King and @BlueBaby compared with a hatchery -Ideal- White Rock 6 weeks old. NNx is 7 weeks old.
View attachment 2257449View attachment 2257449View attachment 2257450View attachment 2257455
The Rock was not as calm about getting weighed as the NN! NNx was 2 pounds, White Rock 1.5.

Since there is a week's difference in the ages of those 2, weigh the White Rock again in a week to see if it is 2 pound's like the one from me is this week.

Since there is a week's difference in the ages of those 2, weigh the White Rock again in a week to see if it is 2 pound's like the one from me is this week.
I was thinking of that, but it has been smaller all along, doubt it will gain 1/2 pound in a week. But, for comparison's sake I will do that. Might have to use a bigger bucket, it was not very tame like the NN was!

Back
Top Bottom