Ciao from Italy

G E SMITH

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 27, 2015
I would like to say hello to all BYC community. I live in the mountains north of Verona Italy. I have a flock of 5 lesssinia pullets recently purchased and 5 Rhode Island reds and 1 fine looking and sounding rooster. I am looking forward to learning more about raising chickens and enjoying your comradery. I am really interested in health care and preventive procedures. I would also like to start breeding my own chicks. Well, I am eager to join the forum and maybe contribute something.

Its great to have you onboard at BYC - gotta be the best place for anything chicken
frow.gif

CT

welcome-byc.gif

If you're interested in learning more about the health care issues, you might want to check out some of the posts here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
There are some really knowledgeable members that assist other members with health issues. That's the forum where I learned how to perform bumble foot surgery and the information was first rate.

It would be fun to see a picture of your lesssinia pullets...I'm not familiar with them.

It's nice to have you here!

Thanks for the welcome. I am rather new to the computer/ inter-net world, so posting pictures is something I must learn. My pullets are called polli di lessinia because they are bread here in the mountains of lessinia. A duel purpose, winter hardy chicken that were established from Plymouth rock stock many years ago. The hens are indistinguishable from barred Plymouth rocks, but the roosters are huge horny characters with tri colored plumage, The hens are always nervose when he is on the prowl and frequently avoid him. Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom