Cinnamon Queen Hen standing on roost for 2 days

Lavernsformosa

Hatching
Feb 22, 2024
One of my cinnamon queens have been standing on the roost for the past 2.5 days. She has a full crop and her abdomen is very puffy. I haven’t noticed any abnormal discoloring, feather loss, discharge, etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

One of my cinnamon queens have been standing on the roost for the past 2.5 days. She has a full crop and her abdomen is very puffy. I haven’t noticed any abnormal discoloring, feather loss, discharge, etc.

Anyone have any ideas?
She could have a blockage somewhere preventing her crop from emptying. Is the crop hard or squishy? Is she pooping?

Welcome to BYC. You need to take her off the roost and give her some water with sugar, electrolytes or Gatorade. Offer some raw egg or watery scrambled egg for some nutrition. But first check her crop. Is the crop now feeling full and puffy/soft, or is it firm or doughy? Is her lower belly down between her legs enlarged as well? Let me know what you feel. Has she been laying eggs recently? She could have a crop disorder such as impacted or sour crop. Smell her breath for a sour or bad odor as you gently press on her crop. What do her poops look like? If you have not wormed her recently, I would worm her with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid goat wormer. There are different treatments for the different crop disorders. Let us know what you find. Here is a good article to read about crop disorders:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom