City Girl turned Country girl

mommaford09

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 3, 2014
Hey ya'll! My name is Jeanette. I was born and raised in Tampa, Florida. Met a great man and between us we had 3 daughters. Then up and moved to a little city next door called Plant City (home of the winter strawberries) and eventually had our first kid together a boy. My grandparents moved to the country with us and my grandpa always wanted to get some chickens. Grandpa passed 3 years ago but I am finally fullfilling his wish. Back in April, we got 12 chickens from Tractor Supply. I lost 2. But my other 10 are doing great. Unfortunately I have no idea what breed they are, but I do know 2 are confirmed Roosters and 1 still on the fence.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

So sorry about your grandfathers passing. But it sounds like you are enjoying your flock! Mountain Peeps has left you with the link to our What Breed and Gender section for more help with ID's on your birds.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Welcome!

I have relatives who live near Plant City (I've been there a few times). Must be getting warm there, huh? Post some pictures of your chickens in the "Breed" forum. Someone will tell you what they are.
cool.png

ChickenPapaCT
(3 Easter Eggers, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Barred Rocks)

Welcome to BYC, Jeanette! You have a very nice family photo in your avatar (that's my granddaughter in mine). If you will post some pictures of your chickens, we can help you ID the breeds. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom