~***CITY/SUBURBAN FOLK THREAD***~ Not all of us are clueless!

me too!

How are you Shadow? I like your thread.
thumbsup.gif

Maizy- Philli is very cool! I have been there a few times.I wish my town had a chicken group like that.
Hi Shadow,
I just (in mid-July) had my first vacation (all four days of it), in over ten years, in your neck of the woods, specifically Sea Side Park. They have a wonderful farmers' market every Monday, which I thoroughly took advantage of! And we spent a day at the Long Beach Island State Park...also wonderful. We drove right under the osprey nest and saw the babies watching for their parents to return.
The COOP group was formed by the same woman who taught "Backyard Chickens: 101," at a local High School's Adult Class. I took that course in March of 2011 in preparation for my peeps' arrival in May. I've been sponging up all I can from her, the COOP forum, and the BYC forum ever since. It is great to have the wisdom and experience of others to learn from when ever you start something new. I used to say the same thing about Play Group when my children were little, too. Sometimes, it is just as useful to know what NOT to do, as it is what to do. And to learn what your own beliefs and philosophies are. You know, are you of the "deep litter school of thought," or the "sand school of thought?"
Sorry, once again, I am waxing philosophic. My sick-day-pity-party-mood is still in place. Better go get some juice and take a nap. Later.

mm

Back
Top Bottom