Clear area in Day 6/7 eggs?

vasher

Chirping
Sep 11, 2015
Seattle
I've never done this before, so thought to check here. All the eggs seem to be developing, have vessels and a little floating dark spot that moves a bit. But, the development area is only in 2/3 or so of the egg! And this is true for all the eggs. There is a large 'clear' area (separate from the air sac) that seems to be free floating (not attached to the shell, so it slowly rotates). Is this normal? Or bad? The picture is not showing the vessels in the darker area very well, but they seem numerous and healthy.

Can't see anything from the picture; the light is too bright. Put the flashlight on the thick end with the air cell. You should be able to see better like that.

In the beginning, chicks won't take up the whole egg. They slowly grow and by day 18 or so the egg is pretty much full.

Not sure what you mean by clear thing floating. If it isn't the air sac, it should be fine. Keep an eye on it.

Can't see anything from the picture; the light is too bright. Put the flashlight on the thick end with the air cell. You should be able to see better like that.

In the beginning, chicks won't take up the whole egg. They slowly grow and by day 18 or so the egg is pretty much full.

Not sure what you mean by clear thing floating. If it isn't the air sac, it should be fine. Keep an eye on it.
Ok, thanks! The diagrams I've seen of this stage look like the whole egg is filled with vessels, but I found some other photos that had a different view of the egg, and there is a definite area without vessels early on as you say. They will hopefully by filled up with chick in a couple weeks!

Like this:

Back
Top Bottom