clear mucus poop with streaks of blood. chick 4/5 days old!! any ideas?

Mk_lanch

Songster
6 Years
Sep 20, 2017
hi, i just had a chick die this morning that was completely healthy when it hatched. suddenly it looked like it was gasping for breath, unsteady on her feet and would walk on her hocks. she deteriorated over nigh and unfortunately passed this morning.
i have 2 more chicks in with a broody, she is in a cage separate from all the other chickens.
today my little pekin/polish chick pooped and it was like clear watery mucus with some blood in it. it stuck to her butt, i have wiped it of. what could this be? they are on medicated chick feed due to my other chickens having a coccidosis breakout. could this just be the medicated feed working its way through her system?
i have been using poultry drink in their water with added vitamin b.

can they get coccidiosis this young? even if im giving them medicated feed?

can they get coccidiosis this young? even if im giving them medicated feed?
Yes, they can. Medicated feed helps to reduce the risk of them getting coccidiosis. Corid will take it out all together. What kind of waterer do you use for them?

at the minute i go to the coop at least once every hour to give them water out of a dish because she wouldn't drink out the chick water i had and she has a big problem with kicking all the bedding into the water! im in the uk and there is very limited treatments available for coccitosis. one of the main ones has been out of stock since may!. ive managed to get a different one (its for pigeons and rabbits but people use it for chickens) but i have no idea on the dose i would give to chicks.

at the minute i go to the coop at least once every hour to give them water out of a dish because she wouldn't drink out the chick water i had and she has a big problem with kicking all the bedding into the water! im in the uk and there is very limited treatments available for coccitosis. one of the main ones has been out of stock since may!. ive managed to get a different one (its for pigeons and rabbits but people use it for chickens) but i have no idea on the dose i would give to chicks.
What's it called?

What's it called?

easicox coccidiosis treatment for pigeons and rabbits

this is what the desciption says:

Easicox Coccidiosis Treatment for Pigeons & Rabbits 250ml.

This treatment comes in a 250ml bottle and any treatment for pigeons is best avoided during the moult.

Intestinal coccidiosis in pet rabbits
Treatment: Add 5ml to 5 litres of drinking water each day for 5 days. Stop for 10 days and repeat dose for a further 5 days
Prevention: As above but at the rate of 2.5ml per 5 litres of drinking water.

Racing Pigeons- the strongest Amprolium product available.
Add 5ml per litre of drinking water (approx 1oz per gallon) daily for 7 days. In case of severe infection, repeat the course for a further week.

All treatments are best avoided during the moult. Do not mix Easicox with other products.
Treated water not consumed within 24 hours should be spread over the droppings. These should then be disposed of safely. Dispose of empty packaging in household waste.

Contains Amprolium Hydrochloride 4.3%

We recommend alternating treatments annually with Megacox to avoid resistance occuring.

easicox coccidiosis treatment for pigeons and rabbits

this is what the desciption says:

Easicox Coccidiosis Treatment for Pigeons & Rabbits 250ml.

This treatment comes in a 250ml bottle and any treatment for pigeons is best avoided during the moult.

Intestinal coccidiosis in pet rabbits
Treatment: Add 5ml to 5 litres of drinking water each day for 5 days. Stop for 10 days and repeat dose for a further 5 days
Prevention: As above but at the rate of 2.5ml per 5 litres of drinking water.

Racing Pigeons- the strongest Amprolium product available.
Add 5ml per litre of drinking water (approx 1oz per gallon) daily for 7 days. In case of severe infection, repeat the course for a further week.

All treatments are best avoided during the moult. Do not mix Easicox with other products.
Treated water not consumed within 24 hours should be spread over the droppings. These should then be disposed of safely. Dispose of empty packaging in household waste.

Contains Amprolium Hydrochloride 4.3%

We recommend alternating treatments annually with Megacox to avoid resistance occuring.
I would add just a few drops to their water every day when you change it out and then just follow the instructions for the rabbits.

Ex
Hi! Thanks for mentioning the alternative. Did you dose as rabbits or pigeons? I notice there's quite a difference. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom