closing on a home in Port Orchard (city limits) can we have chickens

YESSS!! Ok finally got a break and was able to call the City of Port Orchard and got the gist. I let them know I'm buying a home in their city limits and cannot find specific laws/ordinance's on chickens like I can for Bremerton, other surrounding cities. City clerk lady was very nice very helpful.

AS OF NOW THERE ISN"T MUCH LAWS IN THE CITY OF PORT ORCHARD FOR CHICKENS/ROOSTERS:

* They have the broad Animal law/ord. but that is all
* I was told as of now there are no limits on chickens or roosters, but must be mindful of the noise ordinance (10pm-7am) if we have roosters. (but we are not having roosters so I'm not worried about this)
* No Permit required for chickens
* Do not leave food out because of surrounding animals
* Cannot be let to run free
* As far as the coops distance from property lines is to be atleast 5 ft from the side, 10 ft from the back, 15ft from the front.

Ohhhh yeaaaa im so stoked now!! can't wait.

Have a great week everyone!
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Thank you so much for the info. I ran into the same issue when looking for the rules and regs for Port Orchard. The city really should post these general rules on their website and save newbies time and a phone call.
clap.gif

So glad you posted this! We are looking for a house and just put a application in for a house in Port Orchard but I couldn't find anything about having chickens there! Now I know and I'm super excited about that!!

Back
Top Bottom