Cloud, what is she?

Crazy4cochins

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
NW MO
Cloud is a litle hen I got out of the bantam bin at our feed store last year,looked all over and I still have no idea what she is. Think her color would be called lavander? is this right?
16670_013.jpg

Last edited:
she would be called splash. if she came from the bantam bin then she is probably a bantam easter egger. Is she laying for you yet?

Yes but I am not surel what color her eggs are.. She also has blue legs,hey can she lay a tiny blue egg maybe?
I have 4 bigg EE's and I know 1 lays a brown and the 3 others lay greens,this would explain where this tiny blue egg comes from.
My EE's are big girls and there eggs are much bigger.
Thanks!
Good thing, I love her tiny blue eggs.
Another question
If I have a cochin-EE mix with muffs on her face will she lay colored eggs?

I would say the tiny blue eggs are from her. The cochin/ee will probably lay a greenish tinted egg if the ee parent had the blue gene. There is a LOT of genetics involved in these colored eggs, so you can't be guaranteed, but there is the possibility......
Do you know what hatchery Cloud came from?

Cloud is splash in colour, and looks a VERY great deal like a couple of araucana crosses I had--Roofus was mostly rumpless--had that bump like Cloud does right before her tail feathers; Lily had a tail and only a bit of a bump. I never did completely confirm their other parent, as I had four araucanas at the time and there were several silkieXd'uccle crosses also in their pen.

I think since I am in Missouri, that she came from cackle Hatery.
it's not far south oh Harriosnville ,mo
She does not have the muffs that my EE do and she is small.
The EE/cochin mix (Momma lays green eggs) so I hope she odes.
tiny little colored eggs are cute and my nephews favorite.
Thansk guys your all so helpful. I didn't know the Colored egg breeds can look so different. I thought there were only a few. I was wrong she does have muffs but I do not think she is a mutt.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom