Cluckaroo! from East Texas

Kristin G

Chirping
Dec 21, 2023
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We've had them off and on for about 15 years. Never more than 20ish at a time.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
3 roosters. After 10 months of not losing a single chicken, we lost all our hens in a few days. We are taking this time to upgrade the coop and yard. Have some wyandottes coming to incubate.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Incubating wyandottes.
Last flock was a barn yard mix. I just love all types and colors

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are so fun to watch. They amuse me and they make my soul happy. I love how they will sit in the window and stare inside the house like we are the zoo exhibit

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to read, sewing, gardening and growing things but not so much in humid East Texas. Trying to find the way I can survive doing it here

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Way more pets than I want 😆 but I have 8 children, 4 grown and 2 grand sons, and am a sucker for the pleading sad eyes. 2 dogs & 3 cats - all indoor. We have 3 nubian goats.

Married 35 years to a husband who tolerates my crazy impulsiveness. Eg. I am semi retiring as a busy midwife and going to have more time at home so that means we should build up our small farm and the next day ordering dozens of eggs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D.
I have come across it a few times searching Google for specific answers to questions. I decided to join because I'm at a point where I can give more time into raising animals and farming on a small scale to support our family. Especially with the crazy costs of things right now

Back
Top Bottom