clueless

dormboy

Hatching
13 Years
Jan 16, 2007
hey, I just got a small rock hen at a stock show and I am keeping it in my house with me, Im wondering if I should be worried about my health at all, and any other pointers would be great...... thanks alot

well I think you are pretty safe as far as your health is concerned. Its your heart you are goig to have to watch! These birds are so easy to fall in love with! And soon you will be addicted and wanting more. I have had chicks and youngsters in my house constantly for about 2 years now and me, my husband, and 4 children are just fine.
wink.png

I have miss lucy in the house still and its my sanity im afraid for....shes taking over lol.Weve been keeping her in because of the cold and i thought she snuck out today.I called her and heard the "WAIT A MINUTE IVE LAID AN EGG" cackle but i couldnt find her anywhere. But i still couldnt find her.Then the noise again and i realized its coming from upstairs! Door is shut so she had to go thru the doggy door .....yep a new place to lay eggs.
Mexi

lol.png
Sneaky birdy!
I've been healthier than I've been in years since I've had chickens...
Most folks don't understand what good housepets chickens can be.
They don't claw the furniture. They MIGHT try and dust bath on the floor.
They don't need to be house trained. You can buy chicken diapers for them.
They don't screech like larger birds such as cockatoos and parrots. You may get a wake up call from a roo.
They don't bring "presents'', like cats do. They give fresh eggs for breakfast.
They don't lick their butts, like dogs do. They preen their feathers instead.
Chickens don't need to be walked in the dead of night or during the worst snow storm ever.
Chickens don't need to get shots. usually...
Chickens are low maintenance.
Chickens are loving and cuddly...right Obelisk?
Chickens have their own language which you might be able to learn, if they let you.
Chickens WILL beg at the table and wrestle your meatball sub away from you.

Back
Top Bottom