Coccidia

Well hosing down every thing is okay
but coccidiosis oysst live for years in the soil.
I am at a loss as why you posted for help.
When you have every thing under control?
Did I miss an important question?

There is nothing effective to kill coccidiosis ooyst in the soil.
Unless one brings in ton of new soil.
even then you have maybe coccidiosis of another strain in the new soil.
Just finish the treatment you have done and
NO DO NOT TREAT NEWLY HATCHED CHICKS FOR COCCIDIOSIS
until they ge it.
I would put some kind of sand down in areas that are dirt, and even on the floors of the chick houses.

I will copy and paste what my question was in my OP, as it may have gotten lost when I went into detail about our situation.
"Is there anything I can buy that I can put on a hose attachment to spray my yard with (something that won't kill the grass or harm the bees etc) that will kill the cocci? I've been religiously cleaning out the coops and raking up poop from the yard. We are moving in a month, and I want to make sure I don't inadvertently bring a problem to my new property."

Hosing down the grass is wasted time that you could be tending the chicks and the incubator etc.
the only thing I can think of is OXINE.
very expensive in the usage you are performing.

Last edited:
Well now that soil will have its own coccidiosis ooyst in the soli.
Most generally when a chick or chicken gets the coccidiosis they tend to be imuned and do not get it again.
so you should be good to go.
No I do not know of any hose addition that would do any good any way, sorry about that.
I thought I answered it,

I guess I won't worry about it then. I have a hose attachment that I can put anything in (I use it for solution to remove dog urine from the dog yard). I thought for sure they would have invented something by now that kills coccidia in whelping boxes that could also be used for chicken coops etc. Oh well. :-/

QOUTE LONG RANCH
We do have a LOT (I mean a lot) of earthworms, and of course we have wild birds etc, hard to prevent all of that
(1) well earthworms are not good for chickens, even though they will eat them.
Earthworms are carriers of many disease germs and will infect your flock continually.

As for something invented to spray
(1) YES BUY OXINE
It is very effective killer of disease germs.
http://www.brewcitysolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/oxine.jpg
oxine.jpg

Back
Top Bottom