Coccidiosis Help!

I was reading this thread and there is some really great information!! I was wondering if someone might be able to help me... recently got a Brahma and I've never had this breed before. I am having a hard time telling if it is sick (which I think it is) or if it is just a typical sleeping chick. The person I got it from said it was about 5-6 weeks old but I feel like it may be a little older. It is constantly sleeping, unless it is eating. When it is asleep it's comb turns really light pink. And it also keeps its eyes closed a lot. Even sometimes when it's walking around. I've also been watching its poop, the poop seemed normal until last night I thought it might be bloody but I think it could have been shedding the stomach lining? Do they do this at 6 weeks? Any body have any answers? Also I separated from the rest of my flock just in case. Also not sure about gender hence the "it" haha

Thank God for Kathy! She helped me on another thread, and this is my 2nd day of Corid after suddenly losing one of my 15 five week old EEs. My prettiest and most affectionate.

The first day they had only Oxytetracycline because it was all I could find due to so many stores being closed for the holiday, and all three of my TSC stores were sold out of Corid.

Today I also started my 12 laying pullets, who are out in the coop, on Corid; and I started my nine 8 month old puppies on Corid because of the rain storms, mud, and heat.

My chicks are looking good.

I couldn't find the dog dosage for adding 20% Corid powder to their drinking water, so after many long Google searches and finding a few snippets of info posted by dog breeders, the best I could figure out was to use the same as the severe chicken dosage, 1-1/2 teaspoons per gallon. Kathy, does that seem right to you for dogs? They're about 50 lbs or less.

Thank God for Kathy! She helped me on another thread, and this is my 2nd day of Corid after suddenly losing one of my 15 five week old EEs. My prettiest and most affectionate.

The first day they had only Oxytetracycline because it was all I could find due to so many stores being closed for the holiday, and all three of my TSC stores were sold out of Corid.

Today I also started my 12 laying pullets, who are out in the coop, on Corid; and I started my nine 8 month old puppies on Corid because of the rain storms, mud, and heat.

My chicks are looking good.

I couldn't find the dog dosage for adding 20% Corid powder to their drinking water, so after many long Google searches and finding a few snippets of info posted by dog breeders, the best I could figure out was to use the same as the severe chicken dosage, 1-1/2 teaspoons per gallon. Kathy, does that seem right to you for dogs? They're about 50 lbs or less.
I'll look up the dog dose tomorrow. Remind me.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I have 7 week old Barred Rocks. We got them from a hatchery and they were vaccinated fot several diseases. This morning I found a runny, bloody dropping. It had a odd odor. Is this coccidiosis? Everyone is eating, drinking and running around. There was no fecal matter at all in the dropping. Can I treat for coccidiosis without a fecal check and since they came vaccinated, will this cause any harm? Any advise is appreciated.

I have 7 week old Barred Rocks. We got them from a hatchery and they were vaccinated fot several diseases. This morning I found a runny, bloody dropping. It had a odd odor. Is this coccidiosis? Everyone is eating, drinking and running around. There was no fecal matter at all in the dropping. Can I treat for coccidiosis without a fecal check and since they came vaccinated, will this cause any harm? Any advise is appreciated.

If you found a bloody stool, I would treat your whole flock for coccidiosis.

Back
Top Bottom