Coccidiosis Help!

I am all for treating them to the best of my ability, but they've only had the bird for a few days and it's already sick, which is probably an indication of what owning this bird will be like. Return it, and get a healthy one from a flock that's NPIP tested and free of mycoplasma.

-Kathy

I am all for treating them to the best of my ability, but they've only had the bird for a few days and it's already sick, which is probably an indication of what owning this bird will be like. Return it, and get a healthy one from a flock that's NPIP tested and free of mycoplasma.

-Kathy

So you think it will be continually sick?

This is why I don't "rescue" birds anymore... Used to make me nuts to walk by all the cages at the feed stores with the sick ones, and I'd scoop them up and bring them home. Often they would just die in ten minutes it took to drive home.

-Kathy

That or that it could infect the rest of the flock or any new birds.

-Kathy

I've been reading a lot and I'll probably take her back because I do not want the rest of my flock to get sick hopefully they haven't yet! Haven't seen signs of anyone sick yet. Fingers crossed!! Kathy I saw in another post you said something about Santa Clara county. Do you live there? And if you do, do you know of a place to get birds from? I'll definitely be waiting a while to make sure nobody else is sick but just wondering for now?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom