Coccidiosis Help!

So how many weeks have they had access to the sand?

-Kathy

For several months. Actually, quite a while before the bloody poo showed up. I think it started with the 16 week olds and what I thought was shed lining was the beginning of cocci. Then one of the younger ones died quickly two weeks afterward and I saw blood on her tail feathers. We started both coops with corid immediately. They seem to have a healthy appetite this morning. Do you think another day of oral drops. I didn't see any sign of red poop. I thought you saying they may not have gotten enough out of their water made sense if they weren't feeling well. I really appreciate all the help and will keep posting the progress. Although the corid has been in the water for two weeks, do you think we should keep it up another week at 2 tsp per gallon or less?

Then it's 1.5 teaspoons per gallon for 5-7 days, then 1/3 teaspoon for 7 days. Can you get a kitchen scale to weigh her? 

-Kathy

Just went out and bought a scale

14.6oz

Then it's 1.5 teaspoons per gallon for 5-7 days, then 1/3 teaspoon for 7 days. Can you get a kitchen scale to weigh her? 

-Kathy

Just went out and bought a scale

14.6oz

Okay... You could try to give her a Corid drench. To do that you need to mix 1/2 teaspoon Corid with 9ml water (or 2 teaspoons will be closenenough). Stir well and give 0.3ml orally. Do this in addition to her medicated water. What food is she eating? Chick crumbles?

-Kathy

Okay... You could try to give her a Corid drench. To do that you need to mix 1/2 teaspoon Corid with 9ml water (or 2 teaspoons will be closenenough). Stir well and give 0.3ml orally. Do this in addition to her medicated water. What food is she eating? Chick crumbles?

-Kathy

Okay. And she is eating the medicated chick crumbles right now. Also I see some bloody stools from my girls that are outside should I do the same to each of them?

Back
Top Bottom