Coccidiosis Help!

I would not recommend trying to mix Tylan 50 or Tylan 200 in drinking water. What's important is that each sick bird get 55mg/kg twice a day for at least three days. Tylan (tylosin) will treat some bacteria, but not many, and @IceAngel is correct, it will not treat coccidiosis.

This table lists some of the bacteria it treats:

-Kathy

Thanks Kathy (@casportpony )That list is very helpful. I believe that sinus infection was mycoplasma. We were told to put it in the drinking water as a preventative measure to those turkeys who didn't have symptoms yet.

What do you think about adding vinegar or probiotics like yogurt to acidify the gut as a preventative measure for cocci protozoa?

The hole at the back of the tongue is the entrance to the trachea - Nothing should ever go in there!

-Kathy

that is a great picture!! I am going to try adding that to my collection. Marlene

So this is what I got this morning. Is that more intestinal lining? I gave a Corid drench. What else should I do? There weight was back up today.

110mg/kg is 50mg per pound.

This is what the maker of Tylan say (it's for powder, but doesn't matter, you can give the injectable the orally.

It will work best is given more than once a day. Here's the bad news... if it does work, it almost certainly means that you have CRD (mycoplasma). If it does not for, you could try Baytril, but Baytril is banned for use in poultry, so read up on that. I don't care the it's banned, so I use it. :D
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/959119/baytril-enrofloxacin-sources

-Kathy

So the Tylan seems to be working... Nobody has discharge from their nose anymore and they're all acting normal... Does this mean they have CRD?

So this is what I got this morning. Is that more intestinal lining? I gave a Corid drench. What else should I do? There weight was back up today.
That's odd, I would expect to see more fecal matter than that given the amount you're tubing, but yes, the red looks like it could be intestinal lining. I think I would start them all on Corid in case the Sulfa didn't get the coccidia.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom