Coccidiosis in the coop - cant i treat them all ?

hopalong2016

Hatching
Sep 20, 2016
This morning i found the very unpleasant bloody poop....I have Corid on hand ready to use but my issue is - I have no idea which poor little lovely has the Coccidiosis-- but they are all in one coop together. Have been watching today to see if i can tag the pooper - but no dice- all seem very well and chipper as well so picking out the sicky has been rough.
Never had Coccidiosis in my flock so I am needing help!!!

Is it safe to treat the water I give to all of them to drink ? Or will giving un-infected birds the corid be deadly?

Been chickening for 10 years ....and I am at a lose.

This morning i found the very unpleasant bloody poop....I have Corid on hand ready to use but my issue is - I have no idea which poor little lovely has the Coccidiosis-- but they are all in one coop together. Have been watching today to see if i can tag the pooper - but no dice- all seem very well and chipper as well so picking out the sicky has been rough.
Never had Coccidiosis in my flock so I am needing help!!!

Is it safe to treat the water I give to all of them to drink ? Or will giving un-infected birds the corid be deadly?

Been chickening for 10 years ....and I am at a lose.
Welcome to BYC!

Safe to treat all.

-Kathy

Any suggestion as to dose ? I'm using the powder. It would be going into a one gallon tank.
Powder dose is no less than 1.5 teaspoons per gallon for 5 days, then 1/3 teaspoon for 7-14 days. Many posts will say something else, but trust me, I've weighed the powder and done the math.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

So far so good - thank you so much for giving me the measurements .
Now another question- I watched and tried to find out which darling or darlings were chicken X for the cocci outbreak - found one who was fluffed up feather wise and pale . Separated her quickly - but discovered she had a prolapsed vent {something I have had to deal with and a lot of the time with success] - can the prolapse by caused by the cocci ? - Because these chicks are not laying age yet . (only about 7 weeks old currently)

So far so good - thank you so much for giving me the measurements .
Now another question- I watched and tried to find out which darling or darlings were chicken X for the cocci outbreak - found one who was fluffed up feather wise and pale . Separated her quickly - but discovered she had a prolapsed vent {something I have had to deal with and a lot of the time with success] - can the prolapse by caused by the cocci ? - Because these chicks are not laying age yet . (only about 7 weeks old currently)
Yes.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom