coccidiosis or sour crop in chick

Well, Despite my best efforts, "Grim" passed on to the big chicken coop in the sky.

Thanks for all yalls input.

So very sorry about your little one! It's very sad and it always hurts, I know. You tried your best though and did a great job. I'm so hurting for you, I know how you feel.
hugs.gif

I also have a little one that appears to have cocci. She is aprox. 5 wks old. Her mother and sister were killed by a predator in the chicken house when she was aprox 3 wks old, and she escaped. I put her in the dog carrier and she stayed in the house with me alone, until I went to the feed store about a wk later and got 6 more chicks to put with her. She did well until about 4 days later started looking fluffed up. Now she's still fluffed up and not active like the rest and although she was bigger than the rest when I got them, she is now the smallest. She is a Bantham and the others are 3-EE's and 3-Cinnamon Queen. They are probably bigger breeds I imagine, but she's just not right. I think she probably has cocci. I was wondering if it would hurt the others that don't have it, if I put the Corid in the water for all of them. I don't want to separate her from the others because they may not accept her when I try to reintroduce her after treatment, so I would like to just keep them all together and just put the stuff in the water for all of them. Also, can I dust them with poultry dust for mites that young. They are all about 5 wks old or so. I would really like to keep them all together since they all get along well now.

Also, should I discontinue putting the electrolyte stuff in the water while I'm giving them the Corid for 5 days? I will be mixing it up in a quart automatic water feeder. What would be the mixture of Corid I would need to put it a quart? Are you supposed to mix new every day? Usually do change the water every day and mix new electrolyte water anyway.

Back
Top Bottom