Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics

AprilsFrizzles

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
Opelousas, Louisiana
Hey guys. I just wanted to see what everyone thought was the most popular colors of Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams. What do you think buyers are looking for? Thanks
yippiechickie.gif

I'd have to say the Cochin and Frizzle Bantams sell well no matter what color they are. I have Cochins in Lavender, Splash, Blue Red, Blue Buff, Buff, Blue, Red, Blue Red Splash, Black Mottled, Blue Mottled, Lavender Mottled, Lavender Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Blue Cuckoo, along with a few others that i'm working with. I have Frizzles in Buff, Blue Buff, Blue Mottled, Blue Red, Lemon Blue Mottled, and also a few other colors of them as well that i'm working with.

Last edited:
I didn't think anyone said anything too hateful on here but having been in poultry a long time I suppose I understand what is going on.
The newbies don't want their feelings hurt but the long time breeders haven't as much patience anymore with it. We have seen a lot of newbies come into the scene and to weed out ones that take this all seriously we show honesty and directness. If it offends then you probably won't stay in it long because sugar coating is not going to help people learn.

Stay, learn, enjoy and share or find somewhere on BYC that will suit your needs better. This is a huge community.

I don't think any of the photos I have shown of my Frizzle birds on this thread have been SQ. No one has said anything about them needing to be SQ.
However, your little chick shows a lot less features of Cochin chicks. I think that is where it all got started with this. The little darling has very long legs, stands very upright and not as much fuzz on the legs as Cochin chicks show. We are sure you love the chick but it doesn't look much like a Cochin in it's features. I know that a lot of people that breed bantam Cochins get tired of seeing people show photos of chicks that are mistaken for bantam Cochins or Frizzles.

Here are 2 of my my recent chicks hatched from my Frizzle pens. Note the short legs, heavy foot and leg feathering and other features of the bantam Cochin that are not from SQ breeding pens.

This is a thread for bantam Cochins and Frizzle bantam Cochins and those of us that have been breeding for a good while hope to help those that want to learn more but being attacked while trying to be helpful is not conducive to this thread. Sharing ideas and helpful info is what we would like to see more of here on the thread.

also they can block me if they really want. I like all kinds of chickens it is fun to view any kind of frizzle and and any color frizzle I welcome all.
I have different breeds of chickens, too, but this is a Bantam Cochin thread, so I really like to only see bantam Cochin chicks. I'm very new to the breed and want to develop an eye for it. Seeing mutt birds passed off as Cochins doesn't help me or other newcomers to the fancy learn about the breed. And, although you might not realize you are presenting them as purebred, you are by virtue of posting their pictures here, especially with no disclaimer.

Hey guys, not meaning to offend but there are hundreds of threads for every type of chicken on the planet, let us stick to the topic of this one, otherwise we will dilute all the useful information we can gather about this specific topic.
old.gif

The reason we have these threads is to learn about specific breed traits, looks and breeding, it is very helpful to stay on topic to allow people to learn.

As mentioned backyard chickens has thousands of threads, many of them dedicated to mixed breeds, i have some myself
wink.png

I'd love to see more pics of this girl! :love

Here are pics from the little mini photo shoot after she was here for a few days and had calmed down. She is so lovely! I've got these two moved outside now with my red frizzle and this girl next to Billy make a beautiful match! They really bring out each others' color. I'll get some outside pics of them if the weather will ever get nice here.

This one was on the ride home, but I couldn't resist sharing that full fluffy butt of hers! :love
8-12-17 on the way home.jpg

20170813_125551.jpg

I LOVE how feathered their feet are. Much more so than my hatchery cochins'.
20170814_130714.jpg

20170813_125753.jpg

Back
Top Bottom