**Cochin Pictures** Mille Fleur & Mottled

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
Well the rain has finally stopped. So I attempted to take some pictures of my adorable little cochins. The hens all ran into the house, but I managed to trap the three roosters outside. :lol: So I got a lot of pictures to share. They are beautiful fluffy little things, great broodies, and they lay a lot.
The poor roosters thought I was going to kill them so they are on high alert. Their necks are all stretched up and an many of the pictures you can see they are trying to climb the wall, but you'll get to see how pretty they are.
I have one Mille Fleur, and 2 Mille Fleur/Blue Mottled mixes. Trying to improve type a little and add the blue color to the mille.
Both of the younger ones started out the same color, then as they got older, one of them lighten incredibly. I thought it was splash, but I think it's actually just an extremely mottled blue. Whatever it is it's really neat.

Here is the two brothers. Big color difference.

Daddy bird. He is a BEAUTIFUL dark red color.

"Make sure you get my good side."

"Are you checking out my butt?"
Then we have the darker rooster. He was crazy. Poor guy I think I just about gave him a heart attack. :p

I named this one the drive by stink eye.

"Does this picture make my butt look big?"

Pretty Mille chest.
You can see how fluffy and wide they are much better when I'm not all up in their business and freaking them out.

If I can talk my Fiance into letting me borrow his telephoto lens one day I'll get much better pictures.
Well thats all my cochin boys. I'll try to go take some hen pictures after my batteries charge back up.

Last edited:
I love your cochins, the last picture is my favourite! I can't wait to see your cochin girls
wee.gif

I only had a few minutes before dark but I got a couple.

Mille Fleur Hen

Mille Fleur Hen #2

Black Mottled Frizzle

Blue Mottled (Sorry it's kind of fuzzy. It was starting to get dark, and I had to zoom in.) Her color is so pretty.

LF Blue

I also have a black mottled hen but she was covered in mud. haha

ETA:

Oh I found another picture of the blue mottled.

Last edited:
Great that you started this thread because I was thinking of getting a couple. Glad to hear they are good layers! I've been looking for some hens that will FINALLY lay. None of my hens are laying.

I would love to see more pictures! What handsome boys!

~AnnElise

I love the little cochins. They aren't currently laying, but they laid all winter up until about a month or so ago, while all my other chickens weren't. I get the prettiest and neatest looking chicks out of the pen too. It's always a surprise but they are always beautiful. The rooster get along, and they don't tear up the hens. I would recommend them for sure!

Here is a picture of some 6 month old cochins I hatched that their new owner sent me.

I love the little cochins. They aren't currently laying, but they laid all winter up until about a month or so ago, while all my other chickens weren't. I get the prettiest and neatest looking chicks out of the pen too. It's always a surprise but they are always beautiful. The rooster get along, and they don't tear up the hens. I would recommend them for sure!

Here is a picture of some 6 month old cochins I hatched that their new owner sent me.
They sound like a wonderful little bird. My Quail Bantam cross roosters are full of themselves. They breed the hens almost constantly. It would be nice to have roosters that will not be like that.

Can you get Mille Fleur coloring in standard sized Cochins?

~AnnElise

Back
Top Bottom