Cochin x Sebright cross?

TexasHeifer

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 4, 2014
Texas
Can anyone show me what a Cochin x Sebright cross looks like? I have a silver Sebright hen I'm thinking about selling but was curious what she'd produce if crossed with my Cochin rooster. I tried google but I couldn't find any pics. Thank yall for any help!

Can anyone show me what a Cochin x Sebright cross looks like? I have a silver Sebright hen I'm thinking about selling but was curious what she'd produce if crossed with my Cochin rooster. I tried google but I couldn't find any pics. Thank yall for any help!
Did you ever end up crossing them? I crossed a couple of mine and I want to know what their chicks are going to look like p

HI Team :)

Yup I crossed a Citroen Sebright hen with a Silver Pencilled Pekin and have been selectively breeding back to sebright traits (selecting against pekin types).

Each generation I alternate between line-crossing and out-crossing - with outcrosses always being pure sebright birds.

The most recent season I used project hens with a Citroen Sebright rooster - to arrive at a lovely selection of highly melanised partially laced hens that I'm calling "galaxies".

In generation 4 you can see the gold hen that has a few pekin traits (boofier tail and more squat body posture) - as an example of what you might get if you like a mix between both types.

Generation 2
Rusty Rooster.jpg

Generation 3
2019 Sekin Project Hens.jpg Junior.jpg

Generation 4
2020 Project Hen 1 Cropped.jpg DL - 1Yr - B.jpg Hen B - 1Yr.jpg

Generation 5 (Current Generation - Galaxies)
20220115_073824.jpg

HI Team :)

Yup I crossed a Citroen Sebright hen with a Silver Pencilled Pekin and have been selectively breeding back to sebright traits (selecting against pekin types).

Each generation I alternate between line-crossing and out-crossing - with outcrosses always being pure sebright birds.

The most recent season I used project hens with a Citroen Sebright rooster - to arrive at a lovely selection of highly melanised partially laced hens that I'm calling "galaxies".

In generation 4 you can see the gold hen that has a few pekin traits (boofier tail and more squat body posture) - as an example of what you might get if you like a mix between both types.

Generation 2
View attachment 2995176

Generation 3
View attachment 2995179View attachment 2995182

Generation 4
View attachment 2995184View attachment 2995185View attachment 2995186

Generation 5 (Current Generation - Galaxies)
View attachment 2995188
Wow they're gorgeous! Will you ever try and market them under said name? Your hard work is really paying off! They're like living paintings! ❤️

Wow they're gorgeous! Will you ever try and market them under said name? Your hard work is really paying off! They're like living paintings! ❤️
I'm just a backyard flock keeper really. I do hatch and sell a few youngsters each season to cover "some" of the feed costs but it's very much only a small hobby thing. This year I did advertise them as "galaxies" - and I've received many positive comments on the birds and their name - but the more hard core avian keepers are more interested in pure breeds, not hybrids :)

Back
Top Bottom