Cockatoo Time! :D

When I walk by his cage, he leans up against the corner closest to me so i will pet him. He is such a sweetheart :)
love.gif

When I walk by his cage, he leans up against the corner closest to me so i will pet him. He is such a sweetheart :)
love.gif
Oh what a sweetie
smile.png
My amazon, Kahuna does that too so I will pet him then after wards he will chew on my finger
lol.png

Here he is! isn't he a cutie? :)

How sweet! I just wanted to let you know to be careful about the cage-- the powder coating is flaking and removed from the base metal in this photo. I have had friends with parrots develop heavy metal toxicity rapidly from their cages, and their treatment has been long and expensive. One licked the cage bars and the other one didn't do anything except climb them (but he used this beak as all parrots do to get around). I'd hate for you to experience that with your new friend!

Hi, guys. I have wandered here from over at Emus. Just yesterday I saw three red-tailed black cockatoos in the wild. They are my favourite. Saw a flock of forty white-tails a couple of months ago.

Supreme Emu
WOW!! Thats amazing! Do you live in Australia?

I beg your pardon. How rude to not check back in!

Yes, guys. I hang out over at Emus ‘cause I have some tame emus, and the U.S. breeders are very knowledgeable. I live in a far faraway farmhouse in Western Australia, and the bird life here in general is truly exquisite.

I do love the emus, but the cockatoos are also a favourite. I’m smack in the middle of the range of the ‘Muirs Corella,’ which you may not even find listed in the Big Book on Birds.

The white-tailed black cockatoos are fairly common, both types, the long- and short-billed.

The red-tailed are much less common. The farmer up the road has a tail feather in pristine condition in his kitchen. Once every three or four months, while out walking, I see the red-tails. The male, I think, has the ‘solid panel’ of colour – not the stripes – and seeing that colour on the birds while in flight through their native environment is a real treat.

Galahs are common down by the ocean, but not here.

Years ago, I recall seeing my first black cockatoo – the solid black one – in New South Wales; and I ‘d like to see the yellow-tailed, of which I have only seen an illustration.

Supreme Emu

Snuggle bugs, lol is anther name for a cockatoo.I got mine when she was 6 month old, she is now 16 years old, she is my best friend.before I got her I study about the toos they are very demanding, they need lots of love and playtime, outside the cage.my cockatoo name is Lady, I would take her to girl scouts to be round kids, also took her to soccer when my daughter was playing.
I got very lucky she is not a screamer, she is very quiet. The only time she gets loud is when I have kids over, she loves to play with kids.you find out soon that if you yell at them to hush LOL you are talking on their terms because they yell when they talk, so I use a spray bottle of water Lol you don't have say a word just show them the bottle.
She is my two year old for life, no means try again later,that's my lady motto.my dogs will hide when she is out, she does have a habbit of biting dogs, she beleives that when she is out, that no dogs can come near mom. Anyone can pet her, my granddaughter that is going on 3,will put her hands inside her cage, Lady will soak up her love.
I love my baby Lady, she brings love, joy and laughter in my house.

Snuggle bugs, lol is anther name for a cockatoo.I got mine when she was 6 month old, she is now 16 years old, she is my best friend.before I got her I study about the toos they are very demanding, they need lots of love and playtime, outside the cage.my cockatoo name is Lady, I would take her to girl scouts to be round kids, also took her to soccer when my daughter was playing.
I got very lucky she is not a screamer, she is very quiet. The only time she gets loud is when I have kids over, she loves to play with kids.you find out soon that if you yell at them to hush LOL you are talking on their terms because they yell when they talk, so I use a spray bottle of water Lol you don't have say a word just show them the bottle.
She is my two year old for life, no means try again later,that's my lady motto.my dogs will hide when she is out, she does have a habbit of biting dogs, she beleives that when she is out, that no dogs can come near mom. Anyone can pet her, my granddaughter that is going on 3,will put her hands inside her cage, Lady will soak up her love.
I love my baby Lady, she brings love, joy and laughter in my house.

Sounds like a great bird :)

Back
Top Bottom