Cockerel or hen

Chicks are now about 6 weeks old. I know the one in pic 1 is a black barred rock but what about the other three. Also the smAller one was supposed to bea silver Wyandotte but it does not look like one to me....any clues? Thanks fora all comments.

Is this a little roo? It is very different from my others. It was slow to grow slow to feather and yet seems to have a bit more of a comb and it's brighter than the others. It's a 5 week old
[/IMG][/IMG]New Hampshire red. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you! I have four of them and they're all hatchery stock. Three are light colored as above and one is darker red.

Last edited:
Thank you! I have four of them and they're all hatchery stock. Three are light colored as above and one is darker red.
They are not only too pale for New Hamshires, they've got the wrong skin color as well. New Hampshires have yellow skin, and should have black 'columbian' feathering through the hackles, wings, and tail.
Orpingtons have white/pink skin and that pale golden coloring without any black.

The darker one has some black markings in her wings and tail and has yellow legs. Is it possible that she is a New Hampshire?

Back
Top Bottom