Cockerels Attacked By Hen

MotherHen75

Songster
Dec 18, 2018
South Carolina
I have 2 little bantam cockerels. A sebright with a big attitude and a cochin that’s pretty mellow. I have 5 big hens and the amerecauna and the sebright just fought. I broke it up because the amerecauna had drew blood. A small small piece of the sebrights waddle in her beak. But before i could break it up the cochin tried to help his buddy, but i think he’s okay just traumatized a bit. I grabbed the cockerels and ran for the garage On the way there the cochin threw up water, he drank right before the fighting. They aren’t in shock but i just want to make sure they’ll be ok. They are eating and drinking.

Squabbles happen. They should be fine.

Bantam cockerels are often to big for their britches and need to be taken down a notch.

Since you separated them... either get them back together soon so they can settle it and move on... OR the longer they are separated the less likely they will reintegrate smoothly.

My large fowl hens are fine with LF roosters... but they ain't having no bantam cockerel (or rooster) with short man syndrome mounting them or siring their offspring. No matter how much my little guy calls them to treats and stands over for protection while they dirt bathe... they just don't deem him an acceptable candidate. :hmm

Squabbles happen. They should be fine.

Bantam cockerels are often to big for their britches and need to be taken down a notch.

Since you separated them... either get them back together soon so they can settle it and move on... OR the longer they are separated the less likely they will reintegrate smoothly.

My large fowl hens are fine with LF roosters... but they ain't having no bantam cockerel (or rooster) with short man syndrome mounting them or siring their offspring. No matter how much my little guy calls them to treats and stands over for protection while they dirt bathe... they just don't deem him an acceptable candidate. :hmm

Thanks. I had a bantam rooster before actually raised with these hens. But the RIR that we also raised with them killed him. We got rid of the RIR, and before he died the orpington girls actually tried to squat down for him, still didn’t work:lol:

Back
Top Bottom