cockrel limps when runnig

soufiane

Chirping
Nov 30, 2020
hello guy i have 4 months brahma cockrel how i noticed limps when running. i checked his bottom legs and its normal. he must've twisted his ankle or something coming from the roost because he became very heavy and big for a roost a little bit high. he started limping when running yesteday and today its the same it didnt get worse but same like yesterday you notice him limping a little bit when running for food. i changed the roost made it lower. what can i do for him ?

You could try limiting his activity for a few days in a pen or cage with food and water to see if that helps. I like to keep my chickens with the flock if possible, even if they are in a cage or crate. Aspirin 40 mg twice a day for 2-3 days may help with pain and inflammation. With limping, it is important to check the bottom of the footpads for scabs or injuries, and to look for green bruising, redness, or swelling of the joints.

You could try limiting his activity for a few days in a pen or cage with food and water to see if that helps. I like to keep my chickens with the flock if possible, even if they are in a cage or crate. Aspirin 40 mg twice a day for 2-3 days may help with pain and inflammation. With limping, it is important to check the bottom of the footpads for scabs or injuries, and to look for green bruising, redness, or swelling of the joints.
day 3. made a 2 metre square for him . i let him out so i can clean for a minute. watched him run for a sec still limps a little bit only when running. is that call for concern ?

Back
Top Bottom