Code compliance help

Pekinduck4

Hatching
Dec 19, 2023
Hello I received a code compliance violation from the city of Jacksonville fl Duval county claiming. Unpermitted land use animals other than household pets as defined in 656.305(cy8)

Which is talking about my Pekin Duck in my backyard that I have had for almost 2 years now. To my knowledge the only permit needed would be with fwrc and if I read it correctly with them Pekin Duck is excluded. However when I gave the city that information they said that’s from fwrc and has nothing to do with city code compliance and I needed to remove my Duck. People have chickens ducks pigs you name it in this town and I feel they either do t know what they are talking about or are reaching to far to get me to get rid of my Duck which is a pet she lives with my dogs and all even sleep together. Does anyone have any solid advice that I can use to keep our Daisy? Thanks so much for your help

Hello I received a code compliance violation from the city of Jacksonville fl Duval county claiming. Unpermitted land use animals other than household pets as defined in 656.305(cy8)

Which is talking about my Pekin Duck in my backyard that I have had for almost 2 years now. To my knowledge the only permit needed would be with fwrc and if I read it correctly with them Pekin Duck is excluded. However when I gave the city that information they said that’s from fwrc and has nothing to do with city code compliance and I needed to remove my Duck. People have chickens ducks pigs you name it in this town and I feel they either do t know what they are talking about or are reaching to far to get me to get rid of my Duck which is a pet she lives with my dogs and all even sleep together. Does anyone have any solid advice that I can use to keep our Daisy? Thanks so much for your help
Hi I live in Lake County and code enforcement is currently doing the same thing to me! I have an almost 8yr old Khaki Campbell they are saying has to be removed from my property because farm animals are prohibited in the city. He is a personal pet that lives both inside and outside in fenced area during the day.
I have no idea what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I live in Lake County and code enforcement is currently doing the same thing to me! I have an almost 8yr old Khaki Campbell they are saying has to be removed from my property because farm animals are prohibited in the city. He is a personal pet that lives both inside and outside in fenced area during the day.
I have no idea what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
@Pekinduck4

:welcome
Is Lake County in Fla? if so go to your state forum
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/florida-always-sunny-side-up.305793/ talk to the members there. I am very sorry this is happening .
Yes, Florida. I will look in there hopefully I can find some information. I’m literally devastated right now. I’m planning on telling them he is an indoor only pet and hoping they can’t take him. Like is code enforcement allowed to dictate what lives in my actual home.

In New Orleans you can have up to 4 chickens. Roosters are not allowed, as they are considered exotic animals, per the city. Hope you find this a little amusing, sorry I am of no help and hope you can get your situation resolved in a way you are happy with. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom