Coffee grounds animal bedding & for poop boards

Don't use straight coffee grounds. First, it would be ridiculously expensive. Second, the caffeine content would be too high. And third, the aroma from the fresh ground roasted coffee would irritate the birds delicate respiratory system.

The coffee bedding you are looking for appears to be out of production.

I got a few bags of Starbucks used Grounds for Gardeners and dried it. Or thought I did. The first batch started to get moldy in the storage container and I had to toss what was left. The second batch is nice and dry as it's been in an open container in my garage after a few days being stirred in the blazing hot sun but it's all I have. It was very time consuming to get it dried and I don't have that kind of time so when I've used it up, I'll have little choice but to transition back to PDZ granular form which has, for some reason, become extremely dusty.
Sounds like a pro and con of using the coffee grounds. Maybe the PDZ would be better, I figured the coffee grounds would be more cost-efficient.

Sounds like a pro and con of using the coffee grounds. Maybe the PDZ would be better, I figured the coffee grounds would be more cost-efficient.
I'm much prefer the used coffee grounds. I just can't get them easily. If they ever brought the coffee ground bedding back I would do that in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom