Collecting eggs

Matejka

Free Ranging
Ok. I'm trying to find a convenient, simple container for collecting eggs. What type of container do you use to collect eggs from your coop? Hat, apron, pockets, pillowcase, basket, ice cream bucket, easyer egg basket,box?
I'm thinking my container needs a handle I can carry on my arm, kinda leaning towards easyer egg basket....
What do you use?

I'm looking for one too! I know I bought this prefect cute little basket from the dollar store and filled it with some pine shavings, but the handle allows it to swing, so when I was finally putting more than 1 egg in there, the weight distribution had them weeble, wobbling.. Will be looking for a basket with a sturdy handle. I want a small wicker basket with a long sturdy handle to hang on my arm.

Attachments

• 20221218_154458.jpg
    20221218_154458.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 5
I'm looking for one too! I know I bought this prefect cute little basket from the dollar store and filled it with some pine shavings, but the handle allows it to swing, so when I was finally putting more than 1 egg in there, the weight distribution had them weeble, wobbling.. Will be looking for a basket with a sturdy handle. I want a small wicker basket with a long sturdy handle to hang on my arm.
Me too!

I've used many things to carry my eggs. I've bought baskets, I've made baskets, I've carried them with my hands, and lots of other things. After all these years, these are my favourites. The first option and the more accessible one is, a plastic bag! When I go to open the chickens I bring it with me and hang it on a nearby tree. Once I've gathered all of my eggs for the day, I place them in the bag. The good thing with a plastic bag is that there isn't any excess room for the eggs to break by rolling against eachother, the only downside is that the bag does not protect them if you accidentally drop them, or if they hit something. My other favourite is a smaller bucket. That might be a better case for you, since a smaller bucket still won't have room for the eggs to break, and will provide support if you accidentally hit something. Another option you might want to try is a wooden basket. My recommendations, a wooden basket made from softer wood, and the basket shouldn't have any corners, I've found they don't break as easily that way

Back
Top Bottom