Color and Breed Questions

ChickenPalace123

Songster
Feb 1, 2018
i got two chicks from a friend who got an order from Murray McMurray they were extra chicks so all i know is one is a cochin, it is supposed to be a blue but it seems like it might be a self blue aka lavender because of how light in color it is.
self blue .jpg
self blue 4.jpg
self blue 2.jpg
self blue 3.jpg

the second chick is supposed to be a silver laced sebright, i have had sebrights as chicks before and this one's head is a little more boxy like a Wyandotte i had, i am wondering if it could be a Wyandotte
silver lace.jpg
silver lace2.jpg
silver lace3.jpg

they are both bantams.
also if any body could guess on genders, i know it is super hard at this young but i tried wing sexing and according to that both are pullets (for me wing sexing has proven to be accurate except for one bird)

Just wondering, what happened to the second one's head? Also it's too early to tell genders. Wait until they are at least 5-6 weeks old. :)

(this is my 999th post!)

ok so i haven't posted on this thread in a while but sadly the sebright/Wyandotte passed away. oh and the cochin is a splash not self blue.
now i have a question on gender, i wing sexed at the time i got the chicks and both were female but now the cochin has a very red comb and wattles, here are some pictures
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom