Comb type

Their combs should all appear single until at the back where it should look like a flower or star. I'll post some pictures in a bit during break. It's really a neat comb.

Dad is mixed color, I'm pretty sure. Definitely not mottled, amd even if he was, mom would also need to at least carry the gene to have mottled chicks
Thank you!
I have noticed on a few at the back of the single combs there a double bit like a star zoomed in but is this what you mean. The last little chock though is different and it looks like two single combs side by side.

Oh OK thanks I love the mix of colours in the wing feathers of the chipmunk one and gold one. It's a nice change from all the white ones lol although not being purebred the white ones all have different black spots and smudges on them except for 2 plain ones so at least I'll be able to tell them apart :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006-203653_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006-203653_Gallery.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 9
Thank you!
I have noticed on a few at the back of the single combs there a double bit like a star zoomed in but is this what you mean. The last little chock though is different and it looks like two single combs side by side.

Oh OK thanks I love the mix of colours in the wing feathers of the chipmunk one and gold one. It's a nice change from all the white ones lol although not being purebred the white ones all have different black spots and smudges on them except for 2 plain ones so at least I'll be able to tell them apart :)
Yes. All chicks should have some variation of that comb if dad is pure polish

My mixed breed hen just had babies with the neighbours Polish rooster....

11 gorgeous chick's that I'm absolutely obsessed with lol

I'll attach a photo of Mum and Dad. Mum has a single comb and Dad has a V comb.

The babies all have single combs except for the youngest one. Is this a buttercup comb or something like a pea comb?

I've attached some other photos of some of the chick's so you can see wing feathers. Is that accurate on the colours they'll stay. So the patterned baby might end up mottled or partly mottled like Dad?

Thank you 😊
I have a chicken that has the exact comb of yours with the shorter single that people are saying is a tall pea comb for an EE. I hatch chicks and this is the only one I have hatched that has this short of a single. And I only breed with my own. Here is the pic of your chick. I will post mine with that comb.

Attachments

• IMG_4347.png
    IMG_4347.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
I have a chicken that has the exact comb of yours with the shorter single that people are saying is a tall pea comb for an EE. I hatch chicks and this is the only one I have hatched that has this short of a single. And I only breed with my own. Here is the pic of your chick. I will post mine with that comb.
Here is mine! And I’ve been looking things up about it. Wondering parents. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4079.jpeg
    IMG_4079.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4080.jpeg
    IMG_4080.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 4
That’s what I was thinking! I know it’s part EE but none of the hundreds of chicks I have breed have had this type as part EE! Love it!
Because EEs typically have at least one pea comb gene. You need two single combs to get a bird that has a single comb. If you have just one single gene, it won't show

Looking at this pic more this isn’t single. You can see it has more than one row. Could possibly end up being a buttercup type? Not all combs will look the same.

Back
Top Bottom