Comb, wattle, and face is pale!

Quail_

Chirping
Apr 8, 2023
I was checking on my chickens and noticed my bantom hen was looking pale, I looked it up and it could be a multitude of reasons and i dont know which one it could be. Or how to help her. Im rather concerned about her.

im sorry if she creeps anyone out. Shes a bit creepy

20231126_123339.jpg
20231126_123342.jpg

I was checking on my chickens and noticed my bantom hen was looking pale,
What is her age and feed routine including treats and supplements.

Has their been any change in behavior.. lethargy, not coming out of the coop, not taking usual treats, etc? Has she laid eggs yet and when was her last one?

The possible causes must be narrowed down with the consideration of any other factors or symptoms as they can be indicators of underlying cause. Answering these questions should help get us on track to seeing if it's a normal expected change or needs further investigation.

She looks a bit spry/alert (and sassy) in those pics.. but not creepy, lol. and not particularly under the weather IN COMPARISON to some birds posted which look obviously compromised. Current thought is simply diminished daylight hours effecting hormones.. but her behavior will be the best indicator.

Hoping she's well and it's just age related seasonal differences! :fl

What is her age and feed routine including treats and supplements.

Has their been any change in behavior.. lethargy, not coming out of the coop, not taking usual treats, etc? Has she laid eggs yet and when was her last one?

The possible causes must be narrowed down with the consideration of any other factors or symptoms as they can be indicators of underlying cause. Answering these questions should help get us on track to seeing if it's a normal expected change or needs further investigation.

She looks a bit spry/alert (and sassy) in those pics.. but not creepy, lol. and not particularly under the weather IN COMPARISON to some birds posted which look obviously compromised. Current thought is simply diminished daylight hours effecting hormones.. but her behavior will be the best indicator.

Hoping she's well and it's just age related seasonal differences! :fl
Shes not a year old, but maybe 8 months old, shes given scratch almost every day, food is always available. Treats are sometimes a everyday thing but i try to not let it be a everyday thing.

She is always out of the coop and hasnt laid an egg in a while. From what i can tell atleast. She is taking treats aswell

She is cute! Ours had pale combs but we had rodents getting into their coop and they were moulting. New coop, moulting done and rodent (stress gone) free and they look great now. Ours aren't laying eggs either but I'm hoping that will change too.

Back
Top Bottom