Coming back!

miraclz5

Songster
8 Years
Feb 5, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
My name is Andrea and I live in southeastern Ohio. We moved from New Hampshire (where I grew up) to our dream farm in Ohio in 2014. We brought our original flock (14 chickens) with us! I had chickens as a kid in 4-H and never thought I would have chickens again. Little did I know! My brother got chickens for his kids....AND my kids and I got sucked in!!!

We love a variety, so we have always had a very eclectic flock! We have had Cochins (Standards and Bantams), Marans (Black, Blue and Cuckoo), Americanas, Barnevelders, Millie Fleur and Porcelain d'Uccles, Wyandottes (Blue laced Red, Silver Laced and Gold Laced), Olive Eggers, and a Silkie. Our current flock consists of 5 girls from our original flock...they are all 6 years old, 3 Cochins, (a black, a blue black and a blue), a blue Maran and a blue Olive Egger. The rest of our flock range in age from a couple of months old to a little over a year old. We have 4 Cuckoo Marans, 3 Barnevelders, 1 Porcelain d'Uccle, 2 Mottled d'Uccles, 2 Calico Bantam Cochins (1 cockerel and 1 pullet), and 21 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (2 months old to a little over 1 year old) Yes, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes are my favorite, followed by Cochins!

My brother introduced me to Backyard Chickens!

I enjoy any kind of crafts, especially sewing, knitting and crocheting! I love horseback riding, reading and walking.

I am a busy mom with 4 children, 2 girls (ages 17 and 15) and 2 boys (12 and 9) and I am married. We have a menagerie of animals and many of them moved from NH with us. We have 3 Quarter Horses (1 we got since moving to Ohio), 6 dogs (5 are rescues since we moved to Ohio), 5 cats (3 are rescues since moving to Ohio) 6 Holland Lop bunnies, 2 Nigerian Dwarf goats, 3 Toulouse Geese and 1 Eastern Box Turtle (rescued). My children and my animals are my world!

Hello Andrea and welcome to BYC! :frow

So glad you could join our community!

Make yourself at home with us, and if you have any questions, we would love to help you out.

So pull up a roost bar and enjoy our community! :)

Welcome to BYC! :frow
We are so glad you joined our flock.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Back
Top Bottom