complete ducky rookie

Nandinaberry

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 23, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Hi, Everyone--through many internet searches before we got our ducks I've already gotten so much great information from this forum. So thank you!
My husband and I live in a town in the San Francisco metropolitan area where we have a good sized lot for gardening and duck rearing. We have retrofitted our old dog house and run/orchard for three Cayugas which are now 6 weeks old. We've never had chickens or ducks before, so we spent a long time studying the idea and building the area for them. We picked Cayugas for their quiet habits, the number of eggs they lay and for their gorgeous coloring, and are raising them for eggs.
We are both artists/designers, middle-aged, fairly newly-wed empty nesters. We both like to build things that are practical and nice looking for our garden out of recycled wood and other materials. I have a permaculture design certificate, which has been very helpful in planning the addition of ducks to our garden.
So much to learn about ducks! Sweet, gentle and funny creatures, these three.

Hi to see another duck and chicken friend, i have three call duck's and five chicken's and a dog called poppy she is a cocker spaniel. She gets on well with the chicken's but not with the duck's they pick on her so much she ruin's away or hides
hide.gif
behind me in fear, it's so funny, But she has never turned on them.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You will love the Ducks section here!

Hello from Kansas, Nandinaberry, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! I few a few ducks myself - including a single Cayuga! He is a pretty cool little dude! Enjoy yours and best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom