Computer help please...

turney31

Songster
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
palestine texas
Ok, its not the computer , its me. When I click on some links there is a little yellow spot with an exclamation point pops up. I think it may be something with my safety... security system. Can any one tell me how to be able to view these links? It never happened on the old site though.
hmm.png
I appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Micah

well Im on Vista but my husband has Windows 7 so I know it's not too much different. First lemme ask, when the little yellow "!" shows up, can you left or right click on it and see if it gives you any options? If it does open some options that would be the first place I would look for a way to disable it.

If that doesn't work, open your start menu on the bottom left and go to 'control panel' and then click on "security" (not the thing under it, but the actual title)

That should open up the security area which will have some options. Because I've never seen a computer do what you say yours is doing I can't really walk you through the steps to fix it, but you should check your settings and see if there is anything you can tell that might be stopping you from clicking on the link. If you don't understand what it means, don't change it, okay, you don't want to mess anything up and not know how to fix it. Your internet setting should be on Medium, not medium high or high, as that will not allow some third party cookies that are necessary for certain things to show up when you're online.

let me know if you find anything helpful

Frosthazard you are my new hero! right click select open
celebrate.gif
Duh! Thank you so much for helping. I just had not run into that before.

Back
Top Bottom