Confirmation Golden Campine?

WhitehartRabbitry

Songster
10 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Ohio
I THINK this chick is a Golden Campine. The pattern is similar. But, the color is throwing me off.

First a pic of how my other campines all have looked:

009-8.jpg

And now the chick in question:

025-4.jpg

027-3.jpg

Were did you get it? Did you hatch it yourself? out of pure eggs? If it pet (or hatchery) quality (I don't know about show) then it could be Golden Campine just with slight color difference as a chick and maybe as a adult. The only other thing I can think of would be a EE (of course), because I have had some chicks that look similar. They do however feather out differently than a Golden Campine and can have muffs and/or beards.

They all are hatchery birds. The color is just completely different. I rule out EE simply because of single comb and lack of muffs/beard. The pattern is the same as the campines, just the color is different... who knows.

Yep, Golden Campine.
smile.png
With it being a hatchery bird it can vary at times, but that is certainly a Campine.

I will add pictures in a while but I took a look at this chick and its wings are feathering in BLACK. It is NOT near the color of the Golden Campines I've had before and I have no clue what it might be now.

The tips of the wings look to have very minor tan lacing. I will take pics of it, but now I'm completely confused as to what this chick might be. I'm really leaning away towards a campine because it's body structure even seems different than the other campine chicks I have.

Pictures- chick is now almost 2 weeks old.

002-9.jpg

003-15.jpg

004-12.jpg

Leg color matches my other campine chicks but I can't for the life of me figure out why it's feathering is black!

Back
Top Bottom