conjoined hatchling - urgent advice!!

Was it a double yolk egg, I just put in a double yolk, to get twins
Hatching a double yolker is probably not the best idea. They usually need help hatching and sometimes they need to hatch at different times from each other. They will likely be pretty small because of the shared space and will be more fragile and easier to pick on. Also, if one of the sides quit during incubation, while the other is still alive, you won't be able to throw away the one that quit. I'm sorry to point all the bad things out and sound kind of scary, but my thinking is if you're taking a life in your hands, you must make sure they are going to have a good life. I personally have not hatched eggs, but I have read a lot. There has been double yolkers to hatch successfully, but I just want to make sure you know what you're getting into.

Oh wow I did not know that!! I will have to keep a look out next time. I'm a novice with hatching, what is the dry method? I put my eggs into an incubator with humidity levels and heat levels at correct temp. All chicks came out live and well.

I didn't even think about looking for two embryos whilst candling. Phew I have a lot to learn still. Loving this though. I have three beautiful hens and I want more!!

Back
Top Bottom