Contest is OVER, WE HAVE A WINNER.

lotzahenz

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I would love any suggestions for a name for my new restaurant. Here is the details to help you decide.

Small college town, downtown. Ideally, it will be family friendly, a place to take your BFF, mom, sis or daughter for a quiet, relaxing lunch or dinner. Maybe a place to take a date for dinner, though this will not be overly fancy. Decorated in a French Country or Rustic Italian style, not too countrified, not too rustic. I am thinking to model after Olive Garden or Johnny Carinos. The food will be varied, lots of soups, salads, grilled Salmon, high end burgers, several desserts such as cheese cake, tortes, pies and speciality iced teas. It will not have any buffet or salad bar. I will have many egg dishes, of course. Maybe those Cortinex quail would be a hit? Will not have liquor, as I don't think I'll ever talk the city council into that, but maybe, it would be great if so, at least wine.

Anyone have any ideas for me, I have several ideas but need more to decide. Thanks, HenZ

The winner will win ONE DOZEN pure-bred Black Copper Marans eggs, completely free, including shipping. There wil be no guarantee on the eggs, but it will allow me to try my hand at shipping. This is all just for fun though, and I will package them as if they were made of fine china. I want to become a proficient egg shipper.

Last edited:
Immediately my brain jumped to Rusty's (Spell it any way you like). I'm not sure why, but when I was reading thats what my mind yelled. Maybe if it's sort of set up like a diner, Rusty's diner? (Reminds me almost of Ruby Tuesdays)

Let me do some more brain storming... that may not be the one.
smile.png

P.s. WOW! BCM eggs! You totally rock! Starting a restaurant, and giving away 1 dozen eggs to the person that helps name the place.
FANTASTIC!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
This may be stupid, but it popped into my head just now... C'mon Inn
Your description sounds like a place I want to have my next dinner out.
smile.png

Definitely serve quail, and quail eggs poached over grated sauteed potatoes. Nom nom nom
droolin.gif

A French Country place - almost has to be "Copper Marans" doesn't it? It doesn't sound like a chicken
smile.png
If I didn't know what it was - it would bring to mind Copper pots - or a person named Copper Marans or something equally benign that someone who didn't know chickens might think up.

I knew this was a great place to find ideas, as most of you think a lot like I do, we seem to like the same things. Can't you see those cakes and pies made from Marans eggs? I love it, keep them coming. I'll compose a list. THANKS, HenZ

Will you serve grilled chicken, steaks & the like?

How about Peppercorn Grill? Peppercorn Cafe? It rolls off the tongue when you say it because of the alliteration. I love saying it!

Or Banty Bistro?

Maybe Bluebird Diner?

Back
Top Bottom