Convicing parents to get quail

What are you going to house the 4 rabbits in? Some rabbit setups can be converted to quail pens. Maybe if your rabbit pens are compatible to convert you could talk her into letting you get the quail after the rabbits are gone? Wouldn't be much work or expense in getting the Quail.
This would be my sane mom response, too. Four rabbits PLUS quail? Wait until the rabbit project is done, then do quail. See if you can't approach your mom with this proposal instead.

The argument about too much work depends on you. How much work do your parents end up having to do the the animals? If you can show them that they have to do zero of the work for the rabbits, it will be much easier to convince them to let you convert the rabbit hutches to quail when the rabbits are gone.
Yes that is a good idea. They already know I am reliable with the animals since the ducks and lizard are mine and I take care of them with zero assistance from anyone. But, if I am successful with the rabbits maybe it will show them how deadicated I am to taking care of animals and they might take my proposal into consideration. Thank you.

I have Button Quail but Coturnix are a good option too. They need at least 2 square feet per bird so the enclosure doesn't need to be too big it just depends on how many quail you get. Make sure that they also have plenty of stimulation and a dust bath.

Back
Top Bottom