Coons Confirmed tonight

Flawedatdesign

Chirping
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Dixon Missouri
Well after having a stand off with a young coon and my dogs dogfood lol. I know I have coons. Gf stayed inside watching me and this coon go at it waiting on me to get mangled. Better the dog food than the chickens. Still waiting on the live traps from a friend.

No loss for 4 days now. After re wrapping the run/coop area with 1 inch wire. That and I figure it runs other critters off so have been using human urine around the coops. I figured it was worth a shot so far so good.

Greetings from Bonney Lake. The coons around here love dog food! I kept mine in a bin in the carport since I bought the big bag. I buy special food for my mastiff since she has some allergies. They would come to the carport and knock it over and get into the dog food! Good thing your other half was inside by the phone just in case she needed to call 911! LOL! I also use urine around the fence line to deter coons. I use dog hair from both of my dogs around the fence line. I'll try anything to mark the fence line and discourage would be chicken predators. I have a mastiff and a Yorkie so the property is pretty well guarded. My mastiff guards well and I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of her attack. I have trained her to be unfriendly when she is guarding the backyard, but when she comes out to the carport to meet people she is a big baby. I see you have tarantulas. Very cool! What kinds if I may ask? I like spiders and have always wanted a tarantula. Coons are persistant so be ready for more attempts. They are willing to lose the battle to win the war. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom