Coop Automation

Thanks for the links, i'll check them out.

It looks easy enough but there's still a lot I got to relearn, break old habits. The main language I use is C#, but I also know vb, some asm and C++.
I've not really done any coding in the past year.
The last app I made was actually for my chickens ha.

I don't have a spare pc but I could run linux on a VM.
I've been messing around on the site
https://create.withcode.uk/python/A4

It has GPIO and shows pins lighting up when I press ctrl+enter.
I know it's not the same and the real fun won't happen until I have my hands on the pi.
I also downloaded and installed Python to familiarize myself with the language.
I love to tinker, love it. The more I read up on the PI, the more I want one!

You can also use C to write programs but I prefer Python when possible. The RPi is pretty cool to mess with. I'm an inventor and a whole list of other things lol. Have you ever been on the IRC? Pretty slick simulator.

JT

Awesome thread JT, I'm a big fan of the Raspberry Pi3, mainly as a media server, but know it has unlimited uses. Automating my coop, is on my to-do list, and was planning to integrate a Pi3 into it, I'll be watching your thread, thanks.

Have you seen this Youtube video? Includes links for code, parts, diagram.

Yes I have and have a copy of his code and studied it some. My plan was to swap the Nano for the RPi3 this weekend but well we know how plans go ended up finishing up the repairs on the west fence line and helping the neighbor lady fix her fence. I've been running mine on the bench for a week now and I think I have all the bugs worked out.

JT

Back
Top Bottom