Coop is muddy mess!

Can you get pictures?
Is it muddy because of rain or water spills?
What type of litter do you have?
We just have the coop sitting on the grass which is now basically just mud from them eating the grass and their water. I don’t have litter, can you explain that ? Sorry first time duck owners and just moved them outside.

We just have the coop sitting on the grass which is now basically just mud from them eating the grass and their water. I don’t have litter, can you explain that ? Sorry first time duck owners and just moved them outside.
Litter such as sand, wood chips, pea gravel etc. If you can move the coop, you can move it periodically to encourage grass to grow.

You could post a picture of your coop and give people an idea. I have a coop that is mostly shavings, plus some pea gravel around a tiny pond. When they go out in the grass I am either watching them free-range, or have them in a portable tractor that protects from predators. They destroy the grass in their tractor in a few days, so having just grass in their main shelter isn't a great solution. Think about winter and your worst weather and how you want to shelter and keep them dry and clean.

Back
Top Bottom