COOP WINDOWS

Could I cover with a strong clear plastic in winter?
No need to do that.
A coop is not a heated human house where that would be a concern to hold the heat in the house.
Open ventilation needed all winter in a chicken coop would make 'plastic storms' or double paned windows moot.

Hi there! So we are starting our build and I got some good size windows that slide open for free. However they are single pane side sliders..will that be warm enough in the winter? Could I cover with a strong clear plastic in winter? Or should I buy new Windows?
Leaky windows are also just fine. You don't want a coop close up tight AT ALL. You need lots of ventilation year round.

20190723_105202.jpg I just installed 2 of these Coop Windows on my project coop. They are excellent. They open from the top, so that when open, rain does not get in the coop. They come with 1" mesh welded hardware wire installed.

I just ordered 2 more for the west side of my coop. See pic below...

Texas Wine Guy

How do you keep the 'weather' out?
Pics to show?
The coop has a bit of an overhang, plus a gutter. Then the run slightly overhangs the coop gutter. So it takes a rather strong wind to get even a tiny bit of snow or rain in the windows. Here is a picture. This picture was taken before I used the roof rake to clear the ridge vent.

Attachments

• coop.JPG
    coop.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom