Cornish Cross, Hybrid or Purebred?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see comments from individuals who have actually raised and bred the Cornish Cross chickens, and to share what results they got from it, if the chicks grow as large and as fast as the stock parents. I have done it, but I would like to see what others have experienced, and more importantly, to motivate others who have not tried it, to do so.
Oh! Right. I don't own Cornish Cross because my parents won't allow me to own them in their small backyard and some backyard size constraints have to be done when owning chickens. Most of the users who own Cornish Cross are probably asleep, so check your comments later. I never see the breed because they are almost always hidden in secretive farms.
Nice video! How big eggs will they lay?

I would like to see individuals who have actually raised and bred Cornish Cross chickens and to share what results they got, such as if the chicks grew just as fast and as large as the parents.

I did such a thing, but I would like to see and hear from others who have done similarly, to help those who might be wanting to do it, but question the whole idea because of all the lies surrounding the Cornish Cross chicken.
I have bred a Cornish cross to a naked neck. The chicks were huge and definitely grew faster than my other chicks. The second generation those chicks are still huge compared to my standard chicks but seem to grow just a fast but will ultimately be bigger than the other standards. I have even had the F1s go broody. They are so heavy to squash most of the eggs they sit on for long periods of time so not the best mothers, but hey they try😂. They do pretty good a hatching geese eggs just not chickens.

I have bred a Cornish cross to a naked neck. The chicks were huge and definitely grew faster than my other chicks. The second generation those chicks are still huge compared to my standard chicks but seem to grow just a fast but will ultimately be bigger than the other standards. I have even had the F1s go broody. They are so heavy to squash most of the eggs they sit on for long periods of time so not the best mothers, but hey they try😂. They do pretty good a hatching geese eggs just not chickens.
Try giving the hens crushed oyster shells, so that the egg shell will be thicker and maybe it will support the weight of the hens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom