cortunix soft shell egg problem

puyuhsegar

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 30, 2010
Gelang Patah
Hi,

I tried using crushed seashell for a week but I still got 15-30eggs out of 700eggs. I got 1k of female n 200 male put in 24 unit of 4 storey pen, 48"x18"x10" each pen. Previously I tried adding some limestone powder into the feed but the result is still the same.

In my place there is no game bird starter to use, so I end up using chicken starter n adding some soya bean meal to increase the protein content.

Hope anyone can give me some ideas. Thanks

It may take longer than a week to see results if your birds are very calcium deficient.
Offer oyster shell constantly and cut back the amount of soya meal. Soya leaches calcium from the birds, which means that they're using whatever calcium you're giving them just to sustain their own bodies.

Protein can be increased by offering kale, spinach, watercress, broccoli, finely chopped peanut (not too much or too often, as it makes the birds fat), sunflower seed, fresh peas, cooked quinoa, chickpea meal, chia seed, pumpkin seed, hemp seed, chopped boiled egg, fish meal, and freeze-dried or live insects.
I included a lot of things in that list that might not be available where you are or might be too fancy or expensive to feed to birds, but i don't know where you live. Some things that are rare here might be more common where you are. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom