Coryza??

jslater14

Chirping
Mar 22, 2022
I posted a little over a week ago about a sick chicken. She was acting off and had something wrong with her eye. I ended up taking her to the vet (who claims to specialize in birds, including chickens) who prescribed her amoxicillin but nothing for her eye. She said she wasnt sure what wad wrong with her. We gave the amoxicillin twice a day for the last week and then added in a saline wash and terramycin twice a day the last 3 days.

Im starting to think she may have coryza based on an internet search and how her eye looks. ive attached a picture that is NOT my bird, but is exactly how her eye looks. She's seemed to get a bit better after the amoxicillin but she's a kind of "whispy" when she breathes and does something with her beak like she has a respiratory illness. She will also just go lay in the yard and go to sleep. Hasnt laid in over a week.

What should we do for further treatment?

Attachments

• 80C6C74D-C82B-446F-B4EC-A8EF967EA493.png
    80C6C74D-C82B-446F-B4EC-A8EF967EA493.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 45
You've been dealing with this for over a week. It's not Coryza unless there is a foul odor coming from her head area.
Respiratory diseases such as Coryza, along with Infectious Bronchitis, Infectious Laryngotracheitis and Mycoplasma Gallisepticum are all very contagious.
I recommend that you cull your sick chicken to prevent whatever disease it is from spreading to the rest of your birds.

Back
Top Bottom