cotton patch geese

We have a relatively large breeding flock of Cotton Patch geese. They have been with us over five years and have raised many goslings. Spring laying has started and we are so excited.

We have a relatively large breeding flock of Cotton Patch geese. They have been with us over five years and have raised many goslings. Spring laying has started and we are so excited.
Any pics?
big_smile.png

Beautiful geese.
Thank you. We have 9 pairs and hatched 64 goslings last year. These geese are critically endangered and we'd love to see them find homes where they can be preserved and numbers will be increased. We use them to weed our corn patch and to keep weeds down in our cow pastures. They are VERY gentle. We've never had anything more than some hissing even when checking their nests.

Thank you. We have 9 pairs and hatched 64 goslings last year. These geese are critically endangered and we'd love to see them find homes where they can be preserved and numbers will be increased. We use them to weed our corn patch and to keep weeds down in our cow pastures. They are VERY gentle. We've never had anything more than some hissing even when checking their nests.
How lovely. Mine are auto-sexing, but I´m told they´re not cotton-patch as they don´t have the pink bills, and I can see they´re not quite pilgrim either, but their natures are so unbelievably mild compared to what I read on these threads about some other breeds, and they´re just so pretty too with the diluted grey of the geese and that beautiful pale grey hidden in the white of the ganders. I just stumbled across mine, and I´m so glad I did. They´re super geese, and very good foragers, too.

Back
Top Bottom