Coturnix for dog training?

feeding flight conditioner to mature Coturnix - been using pigeons lately - may try them again - have tried putting them in small crab pot bait cages next to the pigeon in launcher - pup seems to point a little better on their scent - thanks for the encouragement

I've used them to train my Springer pup. They have worked and flown just as good as some "bobs" a friend had.

I didn't worry about call back... they were tasty.

They are small and not aggressive, tend to run a little. They make my pup smell, search, find and flush. :) AND THEY ARE CHEEP!!!

I'm feeding game bird flight conditioner.

Good luck!!
Jay

Well that's encouraging because I am almost done with a 3 tier cage. I've always bought coturnix off of other people...I am now getting into this quail fathering myself.

built a 20L x 5W x 6H fly pen as soon as we got them - didn't fly much at first - more with practice - more yet after wife landscaped the pen and started feeding fruit/vegie trimming scraps, plus their own and chicken egg shells beside flight conditioner feed-&-seed-bought meal - 6 months later, 12 of 18 original still living - biggest problem, rats breaking into cage or raccoon trying - when the bandit shows up, send out the pup to chase it off - rats eat the fly conditioner feed and eggs - but when they do get in the little birdies really fly - hmm ... rats train birds - birds train pup - how do rats get trained?

feeding flight conditioner to mature Coturnix - been using pigeons lately - may try them again - have tried putting them in small crab pot bait cages next to the pigeon in launcher - pup seems to point a little better on their scent - thanks for the encouragement
I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering how this worked. I had thought to use Valley quail in this way or put the pigeons and quail in a little cage together for short while before using the pigeons.

Back
Top Bottom