Coturnix quail hatching

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
Doing 70 eggs some are starting to crack the shells. Main hatch is due tomorrow evening i guess i might have some early achievers.

Last edited:
I just tossed some eggs out & found one last one in there. He zipped but didn't get out. That was at least two days ago he zipped. I'm not sure he will make it but he is in the brooder. I've never saved one so I'll see how it does.

I dunno what it is about the ones that zip out hours after that main hatch but ive always had problems with those late ones either couldnt walk or didnt come all the way out or the ones that were out attacked the late ones. I started calling it done after that main hatch i probably lost some good ones doing that just get tired of dealing with the sicklys and listening to my whiney wife. I think after this hatch and 8 eight weeks im gonna call the quail experience done.

It just is what it is. This guy surprised me. It is doing well. It will probably have a crooked neck tho. I lost some of the ones that came out fast & easy. What blows my mind is they fight so hard to get in this world then just give up & die.

so far woke up to 7. I put some drawer liner in this time to see if it'll help with the splay leg. I have one thats gonna be white i dunno whos giving out that gene i have all pharaoh color and always get a couple whites and tibetans.

So i had 65 eggs 48 hatched 14 eggs were clear not even fertile. 2 eggs had fully developed chicks and one egg had twins in it that didnt hatch so that was a really successful hatch. And everyone that wanted them backed out except one lady that wanted 10 so now im the happy daddy of 38 baby quail lol.

Back
Top Bottom