Coturnix vs Button

Its just so weird first few mins to hours it did a evil pose go for button \o.o/ im slowly training mine and its only 2 weeks and 3 days here 2nd pic is new pic took it yesterday i think

Attachments

• 20200802_051936.jpg
    20200802_051936.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200819_180406.jpg
    20200819_180406.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 5
I hot like a few pics to a ton of pics of lil snow every day o.o since i assisted hatched im guessing her im thinking of making a thread just fir her and posting them all at once

Hi fellow quail lovers,

I had been taking care of my sweet baby Kiwi; she was an abandoned Gambles quail ( we have them all over our neighborhood) and then she passed away about 8 days old. I was thinking I would get some buttons or Coturnix. This is my question,I hear Coturnix are smelly, so can I keep them outdoors in a hutch? I live in Las Vegas so it gets very hot here July and August. I also hear they have a nicer temperament and bigger eggs. I hear Button Quails don’t smell And you can keep them inside; but they are skittish.

Anyway; if anyone has any advice let me know!

Thanks!
coturnix are excellent for urban areas female never makes sound at all unless the so called "i
Hi fellow quail lovers,

I had been taking care of my sweet baby Kiwi; she was an abandoned Gambles quail ( we have them all over our neighborhood) and then she passed away about 8 days old. I was thinking I would get some buttons or Coturnix. This is my question,I hear Coturnix are smelly, so can I keep them outdoors in a hutch? I live in Las Vegas so it gets very hot here July and August. I also hear they have a nicer temperament and bigger eggs. I hear Button Quails don’t smell And you can keep them inside; but they are skittish.

Anyway; if anyone has any advice let me know!

Thanks!
coturnix are not noisy and smelly when kept clean..use sand for the bedding..i am also living in a city and keep them indoors and clean their coop(which i made out from a cardboard) once a week..i use river sand wahshed for their bedding and drilled some hole somewhere at the floor and stuff that with some solid obejects and i just pulled out the the stuff when its time for cleaning and so that the sand is flowing out properly..

Like everyone else said, the smell isn't bad as long as you keep things clean. My coturnix quails are raised outdoors on the ground using a deep litter system, which I consider to be the most manageable system for my situation. I'm also in a desert climate, btw. I'm pretty sure my quails prefer being outside where the bugs and trees are over the comfortable indoor A.C. As long as they have shade and water, they can do pretty well even during the height of summer. I do give them ice cubes in their waterer and frozen 2-liter bottles of water to lean up against, but that's only because it's a record-breaking summer over here.

Like everyone else said, the smell isn't bad as long as you keep things clean. My coturnix quails are raised outdoors on the ground using a deep litter system, which I consider to be the most manageable system for my situation. I'm also in a desert climate, btw. I'm pretty sure my quails prefer being outside where the bugs and trees are over the comfortable indoor A.C. As long as they have shade and water, they can do pretty well even during the height of summer. I do give them ice cubes in their waterer and frozen 2-liter bottles of water to lean up against, but that's only because it's a record-breaking summer over here.
That helped a ton. Thanks for that info!!

Back
Top Bottom